Asian medicine, with its historical roots in the Daoist movement, was designed to care for life over the longterm.
The intention of this care is to promote the highest level of functioning as one ages.
It does this by identifying factors that promote the negative effects of aging and removing them, and supporting the health of the constitution intelligently through the cycles of life.
What we do:
Develop a comprehensive tailored treatment plan that addresses proper nutrition, vitamin and mineral balance, intelligently applied herbal care to nourish the body, mind care to calm the nervous system, yoga care for structural strength and flexibility, and acu care for maintainence and to address the aesthetics of aging with facial acupuncture.
Studies on herbs and longevity:
- Chuang MH, Chiou SH, Huang CH, Yang WB, Wong CH. The lifespan-promoting effect of acetic acid and Reishi polysaccharide. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009 Nov 15;17(22):7831-40
- Wu Z, Zhang Y, Tan N, Zhao C, Yang J, Zhu J-S. ReishiMax extends the life span of mice: A preliminary report. The FASEB Journal. 2011 April;25(601.2).
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2009 Sep;4(3):198-219
- Jafari M, Felgner JS, Bussel II, et al. Rhodiola: a promising anti-aging Chinese herb. Rejuvenation Res. 2007 Dec;10(4):587-602
- Lifespan extension and delay of age-related functional decline caused by Rhodiola rosea depends on dietary macronutrient balance (Link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3922952/)